The expression "If you don't like Maine weather
wait a minute" is true, so pack a warm jacket and sweater as
well as shorts and a bathing suit. Rubber-soled deck shoes are a
must, as are sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat that won't blow off.
Don't forget your rain gear just in case. You might also like to
bring binoculars, camera, musical instrument, wildlife guides, needlework,
or a notebook.
Please remember that the WANDERBIRD is a traditional,
informal vessel where comfort is the order of the day. Pack like
you would for a camping trip, no ties or gowns required. Most people
find they can pack all they need in one duffel bag.
· Soft "Duffel Bag" Type Luggage
· Comfortable, Casual Clothing (Layers Work Very Well)
· Simply Plan Accordingly for the Time of Year...
· Rubber Soled Shoes or Sneakers (For Beach Coming, Hiking,
· Shorts & Bathing Suit
· Warm Hat & Sweater
· Rain Gear (Just In Case)
· A Sun Hat - That Won't Blow Off
· Sun Screen & SPF Lip Balm
· Cameras, Batteries & Film
· Binoculars & Wildlife Guides
· Musical Instruments & Song Books
· Knitting, Needlework, Or A Sketch Book
· The Book That You Have Been Trying to Find Time to Read!
· Some stargazers enjoy sleeping on deck- they bring a sleeping
· Bring A Hungry Sailor's Appetite!